Monday, May 26, 2008

Crazy Adventures

Me and Mag riding Kilamanjaro Safari. We saw Hippos, and Lions, and Giraffes, and Elephants!
Oh no! That big Star Wars thing is crushing us!


Ok so a lot has been going on lately. There have been a lot of stories that I haven't shared so I thought I'd share some more.
One day I was working Parade Audience Control (from here on called PAC) by the Confectionary shop keeping the walk way cleared. By the way...that same night I had to tell a lady to not stop to take pictures because she was in an emergency exit. We use those bright blue light wands. She said if I kept waving it at her she was going to stick it in me. Nice for a first night at work right? I love my role though because I get to stand and talk to the guests. I get to know them a little bit. It's the most fun to talk to the little kids. There was a family sitting by the Confectionary with a little girl. I promised her that I wouldn't let anyone stand in front of her so she could see Spectromagic. We talked for another hour or so while getting ready for the parade. She had glow sticks and she was telling me about her favorite things to do here. She was really excited to see Mickey Mouse and such.
The next night I was working the Pirate and Princess party (dressed up in my favorite costume). All of the sudden I heard from behind me "hey look, it's your friend!" I turned around and it was the same little girl. I was really happy to see her. She said that she had her mom write my name down when they got back to the room and she checked my name tag to make sure they spelled it right. I told her I'd remember her name (Kendall) too. I couldn't believe that I got to see that little girl again and that they remembered me. I guess it's true what my managers and coordinators keep saying about making a difference in the guests's experiences.
On my last night of training, I got to go watch our fireworks show Wishes from the roof of the Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street. I couldn't believe I was actually standing on top watching them. I never thought in a million years that I'd actually be here. I've always believed "If you can dream it, you can do it" but it's surreal to actually have dreams come true. It was truly a magical night I'll never forget.
Maggie and I have been hanging out a lot as well. We went back and rode our car ride again (and filmed it...I just can't quite figure out how to download it on yet). We've made it a tradition to ride the people mover everytime we go in the park. It's one of our favorite rides. We seem to love all of the "lame" rides. We love Spaceship Earth in Epcot, People Mover in MK, Carousel of Progress in MK, and have made traditions out of them.
Last weekend (actually Wednesday night) we went out to eat at Planet Hollywood and then went and saw the midnight show of Indiana Jones: The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. We were up late and I was really tired at work the next day. But we had a lot of fun. It was nice to get out with other people.
I love the ward here. Everyone's so welcoming and friendly. It's way better than my BYU ward is because everyone here is different and doing different things. I got to go to all 3 meetings for the first time yesterday. It was really nice. It's really weird working on Sunday because you don't feel like you've even been to church or anything.
I'm making more and more friends at work. I really enjoy myself. Everything here has been exactly what I've wanted it to be so far. I love it here and can't believe I've already been here a month. It's gone by so fast. Ok I've got to get ready for work but I'll write again soon!



Tawni 0_0
Me riding the monorail!


No comments: