Wow! It's been a whirl winned past couple of days. We've had lots and lots of training and some boring classes. I get to be roommates with Maggie Terry. We actually met in BOM class at BYU and getting along pretty well ;).
On the second day, we had lots more orientation. Maggie and I actually got stuck at the Casting Building waiting for a bus for an hour and a half. This bus thing is going to take some getting used to. We had a dance that night too that we wanted to go to. It was at The Commons. They had free food (it was delicious) and a dancing room. We also stood in line to get pictures taken with Goofy. We had a lot of fun. I'm thinking this whole program is going to be fun.
The third day we got here we found out our roles here......I get to be a park greeter on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom! I'm actually really excited. Maggie gets to work on the Finding Nemo ride in Epcot. As soon as we got our free passes, we ran into Epcot. We rode Living with the Land (it's a boat ride where you watch plants grow) and her Nemo ride. We then went into the World Showcase and accidentally got into a fancy french restaurant which we had to leave because it was too fancy. That's about all we did in Epcot that night. The next day Maggie had to be to work at 7 which meant she had to get up at 5 to leave at 6. I had the day off so I went and visited her at her first day of work. I then headed over to Hollywood Studios to ride the Cast Preview of the new attraction Toy Story Mania. It was really cool to be able to do that before anyone else.
This morning I had to be to work at 7 so I got to do Maggie's routine. I'm exhausted. We had a really fun tour around the park this morning before it opened though. We even got to ride some rides (and get paid for it ;) ). I got a Magic Kingdom Fantasy pin for taking the class. I then met my trainer Jean and she took me around Main Street for 4 hours. My greeter costume is ugly but my conductor costume is cute. I don't get to wear the hat though :(. After work I went back into the Magic Kingdom by myself to have some dinner and just walk around. That's right...I didn't ride anything (except the train which I rode 2 times around because I was so tired). I stopped to get some ice cream on the way out and now I'm home. Maggie's at work until 10 so I'm trying to keep myself up. I'm really tired though so I'll post pictures and more funny stories soon!
Saturday, May 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment