So this past week I had to close the park 3 nights in a row. It about killed me. Mom said it would be an adventure and I wasn't so sure. Friday was EMH (extra magic hours) which is for the people staying at Disney Resorts only. They get the park 3 hours after it closes all to themselves. So I worked from 8:30 till 3:30 in the morning. I was exhausted but I just slept in all the next day. Saturday was Pirates and Princess party (so I got to wear my favorite costume again) and I put wristbands on people for hours and hours. I had to work till 1:30 that night. I was actually quite crabby. I really didn't want to be there and all of my PAC friends were rubbing it in that they got to go home at 9:45. My cute friend Angela (she was the one that trained me) said she'd never seen me so fed up. Anyway I went along with her for a while and worked hard to get my mind off of it. Sometime during that day I must've torn something in my calve because the next day it was killing me everytime I bent my knee or just stood up. I didn't know how I'd be able to go to work that day. Really...I thought I was going to die. I would wake up and have to go to work and it felt like I was just there. It got really old. Sunday was EMH again till 3:30 am. I was dying. Don't tell anyone but I leaned up again the exit gate all night because I couldn't stand on my leg. I don't know what I did to it but it was killing me. Mom keeps telling me that EMH is fun but I decided it's more fun for the guests than for the cast members ;). Plus when we close at 2...we still have people walking out at like 3. Walk faster guests....lol. I saw so many tired kids those 3 days. Some were sleeping while they were walking. Anyway Monday I was back on my regular PAC shift from 6:45 till midnight. I did the first Spectro (thanks Chris for letting me take your spot at Confectionary) and Wishes went fine. My friends Sarah and Shirley came and visited me while I was working....I gave them the best spot in the whole park (kinda) to watch Wishes. They were eating ice cream and it was killing me because I really wanted some. Anyway....my leg was still killing me so I asked Andy (thanks again Andy) for an ER (early release) and he let me go home so I got home around 11 which was really nice. I was able to get lots of sleep. NOT. They brought me home and we all decided to go to Wal Mart right then to get groceries....at midnight. We were at Wal Mart from 11:30 till 1:30. I was exhausted and my leg was killing me still. They were all making fun of me at Wal Mart because I had to limp. Drat.
Yesterday I got lots of sleep (we didn't get up till noon) and we headed into Epcot. We were going to go to Blizzard Beach but my leg was still pretty sore so we took it slow. We just wandered around the World Showcase and shopped and ate. We ate a ton. As soon as we got in the park we went and got a pastery in France. I spoke a little french to the pastery boy and it was fun. We went into every nook and cranny of these countries. We headed over to Italy and had chocolate there. We were in Japan forever shopping. We bought these Japanese type cookies called Pocky Sticks. They're like little bread sticks covered with strawberry flavoring. Quite tasty actually. We went into America and saw the American Adventure and looked in their museum. They actually had one of Abraham Lincoln's hats! It was really cool. We went into Germany (that's Maggie's favorite) and shopped and smelled the food. We made it a goal to eat in every country before we have to leave here. Anyway while shopping I found a sheep! I was super excited. Thanks to Jake I think I'm going to name him Jens. He's adorable. We then headed back to France for our dinner reservations. It ended up being a little more expensive than we anticipated but it was delicious! We had dessert there too (we ate sugar allllll day). It was an eclaire stuffed with vanilla ice cream swimming in chocolate sauce. It was so heavenly. It was raining super hard too so we were taking our time. We finally decided just to get a little wet. We ran into the rain trying to get over to Soarin'. We got soaked, but just decided to have fun with it and jumped in all the puddles we could find! After that...we went to Norway and got....that's right, more dessert. Maggie had ricecream which is like rice pudding with strawberries on it. Yummy. I had what they call a veiled maiden. It was delicious. It was sweet apple sauce covered in whipped cream. When we finished eating those....we decided we were full for the day. We got to watch Illuminations too. It was a nice day just to be able to wander around and not worry like tourists about trying to do everything.
So I'm having a blast. I haven't been this happy in a long time. It's exactly what I wanted it to be. It still just amazes me when I think that I work here. I'm making lots of new friends. Everyone here is so nice and accepting. I love my job. I love talking to the guests. A lot of people ask me how I can stand on my feet everyday for 9 hours and I just turn around and point to Cinderella's Castle and I say "I get to stand in front of that!" It's so cool to see the fireworks every night. I'm just amazed here. I never want to leave. I just know this is where I'm supposed to be. I am missing my family and friends though. I'm excited to see my family in a week! Preston's going to make me ride Dinosaur which scares me but I'll do it :). I miss Kera and Lauryn, Grandma, Toquer, Uncle Greg and Tish, and all of my other friends (you too Kennedy and Jake). Anyway...I'm going to rest up today...leg's still a little sore but ok. Don't worry I'm sure I'll have some more crazy stories to tell soon! Love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment